Investing.com – Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Thursday:
• (VZ) stock gained 1.35% by 8:27 AM ET (12:27 GMT) after Goldman Sachs upgraded the firm to buy from hold.
• (MU) stock jumped 4.48% after the company reported a 40% increase in fiscal third quarter revenues that allowed the chipmaker to beat consensus on both the top and bottom line.
• (HPQ) stock gained 2.51% after the firm authorized an additional $4 billion stock buyback.
• (DRI) stock soared 12.84% as quarterly adjusted diluted net earnings per share from continuing operations increased 18% to $1.39, beating estimates of $1.35.
• (KR) stock jumped 9.84% as diluted earnings per share beat consensus by $0.10 and the firm raised the lower end of its fiscal year guidance.
• (AOBC) stock tumbled 8.08% as the gun maker’s guidance for full year fiscal 2019 earnings missed consensus.
• (VERI) stock slumped 13.43% after announcing the start of an underwritten public offering of shares of its common stock.